Favorite Wilde Quotes

~I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.~

~Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.~

~I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know
anything about.~

~Oscar Wilde





Welcome!

Welcome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Featured Favorites ~ Benches

This past week I have been inspired by a lot of Before & Afters. These talented bloggers are generous as well in sharing process and results. Here are some of my recent favorite benches~
Lexi at Paper Flower Drive takes a free couch and transforms it into a 6 foot long bench! Her tutorial is excellent and will have you dreaming of finding that free couch for yourself. :) Take a look at her post HERE.





















Over at Twice Lovely, Ann Marie has taken a pediment style headboard and transformed it into a fantastic bench! Her tutorial is very detailed, even explaining how she transfers a computer designed "stencil" and carves it out for some beautiful detailing. You can find her post HERE.































At Red Hen Home, Korrie has been busy! She takes a bench with a bit of caning missing and works magic on it. Her results are gorgeous. You can view her post HERE.




























And, sadly, I cannot find my other favorite bench! I can picture it in all of it's rust colored glory and black stenciling hanging out on the front porch.... I shall keep searching and update this post WHEN I find it!


UPDATE: Today I found another bench, created from a very old, and beautifully styled crib. You just have to see it! Click HERE to see Sommer's post at Design Garden.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing off my bench for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for featuring my bench! I love everyone elses as well! :) yay for benches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely complements on my post and bench as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! I love it - those are some great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love the headboard bench! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    Blessings xo,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so much fun! Thanks for stopping by :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...