Favorite Wilde Quotes

~I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.~

~Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.~

~I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know
anything about.~

~Oscar Wilde





Welcome!

Welcome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday Gift Tag, Twinkling H2o's and Ribbon!

This is a simple gift tag where I got to do 2 of my favorite things -color/paint and add ribbon! The corners are rounded on the bottom layer and the image size I used is 1 3/4" x 4 1/2 " -I think I printed about 4 per page. The edges on both layers are distressed by using a dab of water on your finger, and running it along the edges until you get the desired effect. And the ribbon is wrapped around both layers and adhered at the back along the edges with a tiny bit of sticky tape.


For both layers of the tag, I used an Ivory cardstock. (Wausau paper, 67 lb., acid free.) I ran this image from The Graphics Fairy through my inkjet printer directly onto the paper.



I cut the background out from an 8 1/2 x 11 page of Ivory that I had randomly painted, using LuminArte Twinkling H2O's. Colors: Mustard Green, Sunburst & Garnet. (I did not paint the image.)


A little bit of glue to hold them together...



An eyelet, some dazzling ribbon and a string harvested from some burlap... (Don't worry if you do not have an eyelet handy.)




And you have yourself a gift tag!

Linking to:
The Graphics Fairy -Brag Monday :)

5 comments:

  1. Shelly-thost gift tags are out of this world...Absolutely lovely!

    Just wanted to take time to stop by and thank you for following my blog this year! It means a lot to me!

    A very merry christmas to you and yours from Try To Keep Up!
    www.westcoastleslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it look so easy! What a beautiful job. I came over to check out the snow ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your tag! It is like a little mini work of art, and a present in and of itself! And I adore your puppy tea party! That is just the cutest ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you worked this little vintage bit
    Nice tutorial, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so much fun! Thanks for stopping by :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...